Sunday, January 18, 2009

More Foxtail Progress

I know what you're thinking, it is probably the same thing that I am thinking, "what is this blob of curled up mess?" Well it supposed to be the bottom of my sweater. It is 272 stitches and it is going to take me a very long time to get finished. This is a week's progress.

I really like the way it is coming out so far, so I will continue to plug away on it.


Now this is another mess. It is an adorable little sweater vest for a baby boy, but look at the neck as compared to the arm hole. Aren't newborn heads about the size of a grapefruit? Well this neck wouldn't fit a lemon. Once I saw that this was not turning right, I looked it up on Ravelry and yes, many people had the same problem. Some tore it all out and made the opening bigger, I am not feeling that motivated, plus the little recipient was born on Wednesday, so I do not have the luxury of time here. The most common remedy seems to be to leave one should seam open and add buttons, so that is my plan. So, I only have to rib the arm holes and sew up the side seams, sounds easy enough, but remember I am really a sock knitter and we don't do things like sew seams :)

After reading my friend Mary's blog I learned that there are places on the web where you can get backgrounds for your blog, so I went out and got this one, what do you think? I like it.

More Later

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love the background!!!! Great choice. I also like your larger font, I might have to do that myself. See how we learn from each other. I can't wait to see how your sweather and your fix for the baby's sweather turns out.