Saturday, February 24, 2007

Gentleman's Fancy








I am in love with another yarn. Trekking XXL, this was wonderful to work with and the colors are fabulous. I started these 2 weeks ago and finished them up today. The pattern is from the Nancy Bush book, Knitting Vintage Socks. I used 2.25mm bamboo needles. I cast on 72 stitches, and the socks are a bit loose, but not so much that I have to give them up :)






Now to deiced what to knit next................My sock yarn stash is growing by leaps and bounds, which I will not feel guilty about. I just purchased some Opal Smoke from a gal that was detashing and am trying to think up the perfect pattern to use.











I also have some Lornas Laces that have been sitting in the yarn cupboard for far too long. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.



5 comments:

Rachael said...

Ohh- Lovely!! I really enjoyed knitting the one pair of socks that I have used trekking for. Definitly going to get more. Your new skeins of Opal are super colors. Knit, and shop (!) on.

Tabitha said...

Very nice socks. Trekking is on my "to try" list as is that sock pattern. Knit on!!

Anonymous said...

i have some trekking yarn but been afraid to start a pair of socks with it yet.Not sure of needles 7 pattern yet. Yours are beutiful.i believe thats the same color I have.
Elsie

Lynn said...

These socks are beautiful!! Actually all your finished socks are beautiful!! You get them done quick!! And I'm no help in choosing what to do next, I have the same problem!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Very masculine! Great socks.