Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Finally Finished


I finally finally finally finished these socks. I started them so long ago, that I can’t even remember when I started them. I am loving the way they came out and can’t wait for the return of cooler weather so that I can wear them.

Speaking of weather, it is starting to heat up around here. I know that the mid 80s isn’t actually hot, I know that people in the desert would scoff to hear me whine about the heat, but this humidity business is awful. My hair is frizzed out like a mad woman and it is just sticky. I blast my AC and then freeze inside my house. As the kids say, I must be cray cray.

I have been knitting away on my Vodka Lemonade sweater. I have my stitches saved for the sleeves and am working on the body. I love this yarn and the color, I can’t wait to get this one done. The yarn is a blend of cotton, rayon, alpaca and wool. I am really hoping that I can wear it in the spring and summer without overheating. I wish I could knit faster, I am having a serious case of “castonitis” right now and want to knit all of the things.

I am also working on these Hermione’s Everyday Socks. I am calling them my Night Circus socks because the colors of the yarn remind me of the Night Circus, a book by Erin Morgenstern, that I read a couple of months ago. It is not my typical genre, no one was bludgeoned to death in the first chapter, but I really enjoyed it. I read as a part of a read-a-long in the BookishStitcher group on Ravelry. It is really fun to get pushed outside of my own 9 dots sometimes.



On the quilting front, I have the top completed for Emily’s wedding quilt. Now I just have to load it onto the frame and get it quilted. Hopefully the learning curve of a new machine and adjusting the tension don’t take me too long, I have less than 2 weeks before we leave for the wedding – whew, writing that out just made my heart pound, I must hurry!


Here is my updated tracker for StashDash2015, I need to get my little puppy moving!





No comments: