Sunday, July 08, 2012

Ouch!

It's been years since the last time I cut myself with the rotary cutter, but today I really got myself good. Put a nice little notch in the tip of my left index finger. Wow did that hurt! Also bled like crazy - but thankfully not a drop on the fabric. I got blood all over my pants and the floor, but the only thing we found on the fabric was a small hunk of finger! My boys were fascinated with it, big surprise there :-)

Before I decided maim myself, I did manage to finish up all of the Strawberry Fields blocks. I need to do some calculating for my layout and possibly some shopping, I am thinking I will need more of the vanilla background fabric.











I have EQ7 and need to reload it on my computer, this might be a good opportunity for me to finally learn how to use it.

I wanted to keep sewing so I pulled out a quilt kit that I bought in 2002. It is Gingham Rose by 3 Sisters. I decided to use the fabrics to make the Misselthwaite pattern by Miss Rosie.


 I was cutting triangles when I cut my finger. Much like running out of bobbin, cutting your finger is a good stopping point for the day, LOL

1 comment:

Mary Sarah said...

Hi, I just found your blog and am interested in the stars and chains quilt you made. It's beautiful! Can you tell me where you found the pattern or kit? I'd love to make it. It may have been awhile since you bought it, but maybe I can find the pattern to buy. Thanks so much!
Mary