Sunday, March 11, 2012

New Toy


 Yesterday my quilt group made our annual trek to the Arizona quilters guild quilt show, and I came home with this treasure! I have been dreaming of a new machine for quite awhile, I think I just plain wore the other one out. This is the Pfaff Smarter C1100 Pro and it is wonderful! Of course I got a great deal since I bought it at the show, a discounted price and all the quilting accessories. I wasted no time in taking her out of the box and putting her to work! This morning I finally finished up the star and chain top.
It was so nice to sew together all the rows without having to tug the fabric through every time I got to an intersection. Now I need to find the perfect fabric to back this with, some batting and get it loaded on the frame.Sounds like I need to take a trip to the quilt shop.

In keeping with my goal to finish some stuff up, I pulled this project out to work on next. This is another quilt kit that I bought in 1999. The pattern is called English Trellis and the fabrics are still so pretty, even 13 years later. I started working on it during our quilt retreat in August, but it was slow going to get all the strip piecing done and I didn't get it finished during the trip. I have 9 more blocks to make, then borders to add, so it really shouldn't take me more than a weekend or two get this top ready, but we shall see.
I'm still knitting away on my red socks, I am just starting the heel, so hopefully I will have a new pair in my drawer very soon!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Kellie,
Congratulations on your new machine, have lots of luck with it and many hours of happy sewing!! YOur star and chain looks lovely!!!!!!

Mary said...

I like your new backgorund!!